It’s not easy to be a torch bearer. You have to be nominated and only 8000 people in the UK were chosen this year. Oh, and you have to be inspirational…or something...
These “torches” are much easier to handle…and much tastier! They are sugar cones filled with a cake pop mixture with a fiery vanilla icing. You’re totally inspirational, so try one today!
1 box of cake mix, plus whatever ingredients are required by the mix (I used chocolate, but feel free to use whatever you prefer)
16 ounces of frosting that complements the cake mix (I used chocolate frosting for chocolate cake)
16- 24 sugar cones
16 ounces of vanilla frosting
Red, orange, and yellow food coloring
Pastry bag and 1M tip
1. Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions. Cool completely.
2. Crumble the cake into a large bowl. Add 16 ounces of your choice of frosting and mix well.
3. Gently spoon the cake mixture into a sugar cone. You don’t want it to break! Fill cone to the top, slightly mounded.
4. Divide the vanilla frosting into two bowls. Dye half of the frosting red and half of the frosting yellow.
Holding the sugar cone in one hand, place the icing tip in the middle of the cone, squeeze, and pull away.
Keep it up until the top of the cone is covered with frosting.
6. Storing these suckers could be a challenge! I would recommend making these the same day you will serve them. You could refidgerate them overnight if needed. Their shape makes them a bit difficult to display, but I found this super cute idea for using an egg carton. You could also use wine glasses or a cupcake stand for serving.
pretend these are Olympic Torches!
awesome Tutorial, Photos and Source: Not Your Momma's Cookie!