Do you want an activity to do while you are waiting for your yummy dinner?
A Thanksgiving Newspaper Scavenger Hunt!!!
I personally love all the ads but, this is a fun activity to do on thanksgiving!
Here are some suggestions and a free printable of the scavenger hunt:
Thanksgiving-related items you can find in your newspaper:
1. A food that you’d like to eat for Thanksgiving
2. A place you’d like to visit during Thanksgiving
3. Something for which you’re thankful this year
4. Information about a Thanksgiving-related event in your area
5. Someone who has reason to be thankful this year
6. The word “thanks” or “Thanksgiving” in today’s newspaper
7. The word “turkey” or a photo or graphic of one
8. The thing in today’s news that you think the first Thanksgiving guests would be surprised by the most
click here for free printable!
p.s. don't forget my favorite activity for after you eat: Outdoor Thanksgiving Neighborhood Scavenger Hunt
source: NIE Rocks!