Monday, September 19, 2011

Beer Tasting Party

Sunday was the official start of  Oktoberfest!
I saw this party at Decorating Obsessed and I have been wanting to re-create this party for a long time.
I love all her details, especially the printed napkins pictured at the end of this post!
Some of the ideas and details here would be great paired with your favorite football team...








PARTY DETAILS, as told by Ashley…

“I had a beer-tasting party for my husband’s 30th birthday party.

 The concept was simple: guests brought a 6-pack of beer in one of the following categories: ale, lager or stout/dark.

Each station was in a different area of the house, and people were free to try whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. Each station was equipped with cups, napkins, a bottle opener, place for beer caps, and a place to take notes about beers they loved or hated. The sample cups gave people the opportunity to pour some of the beer into a cup, instead of drinking the entire bottle. We also had a pony keg of a Kansas City local favorite (Boulevard Wheat) on tap.

We ended up with about 15 different beers at each station, and it was a fabulous time. We plan on turning this party into an annual Octoberfest event!

For food, I did a bunch of bar food type appetizers – buffalo chicken dip, taquitos, jalapeno poppers, chicken enchilada dip, beer dip, etc. Downstairs I did a snack bar with spicy nuts, mixed nuts, pub mix, tobassco popcorn and seasoned oyster crackers. At the dessert bar was cake, mini cupcakes and brownies. The bottle cap cake was rocky road with cookies ‘n’ cream filling. The mini cupcakes were strawberry, lemon, carrot and peanut butter. And the cream cheese brownies were made by my amazing grandmother!

My favorite pictures are from the day after, when we lined up all the empty beer bottles on the bar.”




2 comments:

Lonni said...

I love your ideas! Can you tell me where you got the gorgeous stemmed glassware you used to put the popcorn, beernuts, pubmix etc? What are they called or how would I describe them to try to find them on line. They would be the perfect thing for my daughter's wedding.

Cheryl said...

Hi Lonni,
this party was from Decorating Obsessed, see first comment in blog, I reposted this party. I agree, I love the giant glassware. Homegoods has a large selection of these, and Michaels Arts and Crafts has a lot of oversized glass bowls as well. Happy Wedding planning.
Cheryl