Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sunflower Party

Who doesn't feel happy when you see sunflowers?

This is an easy theme for a pretty party...


The bandanas make an easy and re-useable party banner

Later in the post, I will show you how to make these cute sunflower cupcakes



Sunflower Cupcake Tutorial

make cupcakes, frost top with green and add Oreo Cookie
(I used Double Stuff Oreo's because I like them better!)

now start piping yellow leaves around the Oreo,
It took 3 rounds of petals to cover the Oreo

To make the last ring of petals start on the top edge of the Oreo Cookie

Ta Da! Beautiful Sunflower Cupcakes

Making Drink Coasters from Tiles

I decided to make a craft at this birthday party.
We made coasters from tiles and I used Sunflower Paper to keep with the theme

buy tiles from Home Depot (4 x 4) tiles
Mod Podge
Craft Paper
Felt squares for bottom of tiles

cut the paper to fit on tiles
(I had the paper pre-cut and gave everyone their choice of paper squares)
apply Mod Podge to top of tile then place paper on top
Now, add 3 more layers of Mod Podge over paper.
Let Dry.
Add felt squares to bottom of tiles

Happy Birthday Kathy!


No comments: