Thursday, January 12, 2012

Japanese Sushi Party

This is an easy and fun party to plan for just a few friends, your family or a large group of people...
just add more sushi or less sushi to your party depending on how many guests you have.
I created this party for  our family only.
This is a fun way to enjoy sushi and a unique way to make dinner extra special!

My family gets excited about "theme" nights and my husband has plenty of Jui Jitsu Gear...(enough said!)
this is a very easy party to set up (and a good excuse to use my new square plates)
The mini take out boxes make a fun inexpensive centerpiece.
I also bought a bulk package of chop sticks, but you can get those free when you buy sushi.
Hot Tea is a nice touch,
I have had this glass tea pot for a long time, and I am glad to finally use it.

The Sushi is from our local grocery store, I just arranged the sushi on other plates
Cut up fruit....easy!
And the best part....

YES, TWINKIES, HO HO'S AND MINI DONUTS!

we had a contest to see how many mini marshmallows we could pick up using chop sticks
and the biggest hit of all
We started easy with cute hearts and moved on to cranes



 In Japan, it is commonly said that folding 1000 paper origami cranes makes a person's wish come true!
We started our cranes...but, we have a long way to go to 1,000!

4 comments:

Laura said...

You have the most fun at your house. I am seriously taking lessons for when I have my own space and especially if I ever have a husband and children!

Cheryl said...

Thanks Laura!
This is why I blog, to give everyone ideas! You can do this party with your friends....have fun and thanks for all the blog love!

Deanna at Mirabelle Creations said...

Cheryl, Love this! Would it be ok if I featured it on blog: www.mirabellecreations.blogspot.com? We love sushi at our house and this party has so many cute ideas.

Jenny Raulli-Bloom Designs said...

Cheryl- So cute! Your family is so lucky to have your talents. I love the color scheme you used.
Jenny